Shelby County Clerk's Office - Alabama
Monday, October 05, 2015
Skip Navigation Links.
Main Page
2015 Court Calendar
2016 Court Calendar
Mary H. Harris, Circuit Clerk
Deputy Clerk
E-filing Information
Pro Se E-Notices
Absentee Voting
Passport Information
Records Request
Small Claims
District Civil
Circuit Civil
Domestic Relations
Child Support
Petition for Protection from Abuse
Traffic Court
District Criminal
Circuit Criminal
Phone Directory
Court Calendar / News
Employment Procedures
Need an Attorney?
Child Support

Click here for the phone directory

General contact information is available below for the Alabama Central Disbursement Division (ACDD) and Shelby County's DHR center.

Alabama Central Disbursement Division
Department of Human Resources

P.O. Box 4960
Montgomery, AL 36103-4960

Phone: 1-877-774-9513
Voice Response: 1-888-726-9799
Fax: (334) 954-5181
P.O. Box 1096
Columbiana, AL 35051
Phone: (205) 669-3000

Child Support Court is, on an average, scheduled on 2 Thursdays of each month. These dates differ each month.

Once a case is filed, it takes an average of two weeks to be processed. It is given a case number, assigned a court date and issued for service on the defendant. The defendant must be served the paperwork before the case can proceed. Both parties will need to bring documents and be prepared to give testimony to back up your side of the case.

If you are being represented by the Department of Human Resources, you will need to stay in contact with your case worker regarding your case. All notices regarding your case will be mailed to your case worker. If you are represented by a private attorney, you will need to stay in contact with him/her regarding your case. At this time our office staff is severely understaffed. Our staff has been cut from 22 to 14 employees. Time that should be spent on processing your paperwork is spent on phone calls that should be directed to a case worker or an attorney. By law, we cannot give legal advice. If you need an attorney, you can contact one of the organizations listed.

To change your address for child support payments, you must complete and mail a Change of Address form ( Change of Address and/or Name). We do not accept this information by phone.

To notify the court of a change of employment, please complete and return to the Clerk's Office a Change of Employment form( A Notice of Change in Defendant's Employment and Request for Service). Please include a physical address of the employer. If the employer is out of state or all you have is a P.O. Box, you will need to prepare certified mail receipts and send a check or money order (made payable to the U.S. Postmaster) for $10.86 for certified mail fees.

If all children in the court order have reached the age of majority (19), you can terminate the Income Withholding Order for Child Support, if no arrearage is owed. Complete and return to the Clerk's Office a Motion to Terminate the Income Withholding Order ( Affidavit for Termination of Withholding Order for Support). The filing fee for the affidavit is $28.00 payable by cash , cashier's check or money order payable to Mary Harris, Clerk. Once the Judge has signed the order to terminate, the employer will be notified to stop deductions.

Required Child Support Forms

Email Mary
Just One Look
Email the webmaster